Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Who is Tavis Adibudeen?


Bismihi Ta’ala,
I am a servant of Allah, Most High, a Muslim, primarily. I accepted Islam in 1995, by the grace of Allah, Almighty. I am a witness to the Oneness of Allah, in His Magnificence, Power, and Might. He is the Most Loving (Al-Wadud), and I seek to praise Him in all of my thoughts, deeds, and writings. I further witness that Muhammad, the Prophet, is Allah’s most devout servant and Messenger. He is a Mercy to the entire Universe and everything and everyone within it. He is the master of the prophets and the seal of divine prophethood. There is no new message after the Glorious Qur’an, the message that Allah sent with Muhammad (may Allah bless him and his family and grant them peace).
I cannot bear the arrogant burden of calling myself Sunni, although I strive to live by the Sunnah. I cannot hold myself in such esteem as to call myself Shi’a, although I endeavor to follow Ahlul-bayt. I cannot imagine myself to be Sufi, although I dream of achieving such a state. These are qualities of a Mu’min, which I have not achieved. I pray that Allah can grant me such qualities.
In 1999, only by the grace of Allah, I founded One Ummah Network, a site that is dedicated to the unity of Muslims. It branched out and expanded into both for-profit and non-profit projects, such as Lantern Torch ICS, a web hosting company and the Muslim Writers Society, a non-profit organization that publishes the works of Muslims online and in print. Although I could easily post my views on any of these sites, I feel that they have matured beyond my scope and that many of my personal opinions would not be appropriate for them. This site aims to eliminate that obstacle.
I am currently 27 years old at the time of this writing.I have one wife and one issue, alhamdulillah. We live in the United States in some remote Midwestern region.
This blog is an expression of a servant’s thoughts, for Allah created the intellect before all else and exalted it in its praise of Him. Any good that comes from this intellect of mine is purely from Allah, and any harm that comes from it is from my own self.
Abu Zahra

No comments: