Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Who is a Real Man?


DETICATED TO ALL THE BLUE SPIRITS AROUND HERE : }
( U ALWAYS SAY YIHAD, ITS JJIHAD MY BLUE SISTER )
THE MEANING OF REAL JIHAD
In one battle, 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) had overpowered an enemy warrior and had his dagger at the man's throat when the man spat in his face. Immediately Imam 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) got up, sheathed his dagger, and told the man, 'Taking your life is unlawful to me. Go away.' The man was amazed, 'O 'Ali,' he asked, 'I was helpless, you were about to kill me, I insulted you and you released me. Why?' 'When you spat in my face,' our master 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) answered, 'it aroused the anger of my ego. Had I killed you then it would not have been for the sake of Allah, but for the sake of my ego. I would have been a murderer. You are free to go.' The enemy warrior was profoundly moved by this show of great nobility and so he embraced Islam on the spot.


In another of his battles against the unfaithful, our master 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) encountered a handsome young warrior who moved to attack him. His heart was full of pity and compassion for the misguided youth. He cried out, 'O young man, do you not know who I am' I am 'Ali the invincible. No one can escape from my sword. Go, and save yourself!' The young man continued toward him, sword in hand. 'Why do you wish to attack me? Why do you wish to die?' 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) asked. The man answered, 'I love a girl who vowed she would be mine if I killed you.' 'But what if you die?' 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) asked again. 'What is better than dying for the one I love?' he countered. 'At worst, would I not be relieved of the agonies of love?' Hearing this response, 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) dropped his sword, took off his helmet, and stretched out his neck like a sacrificial lamb. Confronted by such nobility, the love in the young man's heart was transformed into love for the great 'Ali (radiya'Llahu 'anhu) and for the One Most Exalted Whom 'Ali loved.

No comments: