Tuesday, December 12, 2006

* O B A Y *

Okay, Obay.. Who's Obay?

Obay is this li'l boy who truly loves me..

But what's the story, and why?

Well, in the previous school I taught in (for a month only), I had to teach grades 4 kids English subject for like three days, and then, had to carry on with grades 2.. I connected soooooo much with the kids, but there was this li'l sweetheart who got connected waaaaaaaaaaaay too much.. He got really upset after the 3 days ended, and went up to all the teachers and even the academic supervisor begging 'em to get me back.. But they couldn't help him.. Not at all.. So he would come up to me everyday in the breaks, to ask me to teach them.. I tried giving him candies and explaining to him that it's not in my hands.. But still, he wouldn't accept it.. Teachers told me that it's all 'cuz of me giving them candies, and that he wanted more.. How sad is that?! Wallahi adults suck.. can't two ppl connect without any materialistic gains?! I felt bad.. I was like, NO PEOPLE, it's because he really loves me..

So how do you know he loves ya?

Well, yesterday (after a month from leaving the school), my friend Batoot, who teaches there, called me and told me that he still asks for me and got me candies!! And, all the teachers knew then that it IS real, and he doesn't want my candies..

So what now?

I wanna say that it's really heartrending knowing and realising that in the Muslim world there are hardly teachers who know how to connect with kids.. I'm not praising myself by any means , and God is my witness, I'm just sad that Muslims forgot how the Prophet of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) connected with them li'l angels!!

I just wanna say I LOVE YOU OBAY AND WISH ALL ADULTS ARE LIKE YOU.. AND HERE YOU GO, I DEDICATE THIS SONG TO YOU AND ALL THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD..

WATCH THIS & you can find the lyrics HERE..

4 comments:

Dino$ said...

salam sister :)

Mashala... i love kids.. and i am sure they love you even if u dont give them candies.. what i love most abt them is thier sincerity and honesty... they love u without any materialistic gains..

:) i love you fi Allah sis :)

sara said...

Ahabaky Allah allathy ahbabteny feeh..
:)

Anonymous said...

how cute and beautiful, yet sad...
I hope in your carrer you leave millions of obays behind, and I know you will. hope you understand that whish.
maybe you can write him a letter?

sara said...

OOOOOOOOOOH LEANNE..
Fantastic idea..
I thought of it, but didn't know hwta exactly to write..
KHALAS, I'LL DO IT, GOD BE WILLING.

Hope you're doing fine sweety..
:)