Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"That pill that they call pride.."

~

"I've been travelin' on this road too long

Just trying to find my way back home

But the old me is dead and gone

Dead and gone

.................

I turn my head to the east I don't see nobody by my side

I turn my head to the west still nobody in sight

So I turn my head to the north swallow that pill that they call pride

That old me's dead and gone but the new me will be alright"

~ T.I. & J.T. ~

~

For those of you who've never heard this song, it discusses some real tragedies of life generated from need & so forth.. Anyways, whenever I used to hear it, I always felt like telling T.I. & J.T.: You guys, when you turn your head to the north & feel like swallowing your pride, kneel down! Prostrate, it's what you're looking for, but just can't find :( I pray with all my heart, for me, you & everyone else, to feel the blessing of our weaknesses to our Creator & let go of our bad pride to let space for our good one, amen! S U B M I T :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok,my dear girl :),we need to do some serious talking here!That is probably the 100th time you write,mention or show us something I've been having on my mind as well :D!I tell you,we think so much alike,that it really scares me :)!Seriously!
Now,this song is listed in my favorite bar on my PC.I love the video and honey...ain't T.I. so super cute =)?And so is J.T..
And your thoughts about pride is just something I thought about only a few days ago when I saw an iterview with T.I.on TV.I think he's in prison now,because he still had his dues to be paid.Yeah,he's a bad guy,but he swollowed his pride at least :).I hope he'll behave from now on!
Sara,we'd make such a nice pair of friends in real life ;)!
Kiss,kiss...XO!

sara said...

HEEEEEEEEEEEY WE ARE SISTERS! Not yet to be friends! We ARE sisters in real life <3

I'm so grateful to Allah for bringing you my way sweatheart :) Really am :D It's amazing sharing those similarities & understanding & accepting our differences :)

As for T.I. I saw him talk once on Tyra & LOVED his love for his kids.. I think every human deserves respect & well wishes.. I hope he makes it out fresh & spread love & true understanding of the difference between right & wrong, ameeeeeen :)

loveyousoverymuch <3

Anonymous said...

Jasmina is blushing =)!
Needless to say that the inteview I saw,was also that on Tyra :)...
Sending muchy,muchy love...

sara said...

WOW! HOW ODD MAN!

*muchmorelove*

<3

Anonymous said...

I told you so :)!I'm scared :D!

sara said...

I'd rather use AMAZED than scared missy ;)

It's pretty fascinating & you are a pretty adorable dudette ;)

I pray for you, me & everyone, on this blessed night, to see The Light & live by It, ameeeeeen :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm...good one...