Monday, January 09, 2006

Du'a for Travel...


Dua to recite when commencing the journey:

“In the name of Allah! I have placed faith in Allah and I have put full trust in Allah. (It is) as Allah wills! There is no strength and no power save with Allah”.
“O Allah! Protect me and protect what is with me (my possessions), and deliver me (to my destination and delivery what is with me the best of your delivery. By Allah I commence (my journey) and by Allah I seek to accomplish (the purpose of my journey) and by Muhammad (s.a.w.) I have set out (towards my destination). ‘O’ Allah make me overcome all (my grief); and make easy for me all difficulties; and give me more of goodness than I hope for; and keep away all evil of which I am apprehensive for my health.” “O the most Merciful”.
Dua` to be recited on a return journey:

“If Allah wills, we repent and seek pardon from Him; we worship Him and Him we bow and prostrate. Our Lord we praise. ‘O` Allah! Make this return (journey) of mine a blessed one, a fruitful one, associated with a sincere repentance; one that will make prosperity incumbent for me. ‘O’ the Most Merciful”.

No comments: